1.2.5 To support compliance with NASA policy and facilitate the application of resources to mitigate risk, the NASA Headquarters' Chief Engineer, in coordination with the Chief, Safety and Mission Assurance, shall maintain a reliable list of the Agency's programs and projects containing software.
|Difference between A and B||Shifted responsibility for maintaining list of programs and projects to each Centers and based it on class. Removed effort to support compliance with NASA policies and risk mitigation.|
18.104.22.168 Center Directors, or designees, shall maintain a reliable list of their Center's programs and projects containing Class A, B, C, and D software. The list should include:
a. Project/program name and Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) number.
b. Software name(s) and WBS number(s).
c. Software size estimate (report in Kilo/Thousand Source Lines of Code (KSLOCs)).
d. Phase of development or operations.
e. Safety-Critical Software (Yes or No).
f. Software Class or list of the software classes being development on the project.
g. For each Computer Software Configuration Item (CSCI)/Major System containing Class A, B, or C software, provide:
(1) The name of the software development organization.
(2) Title or brief description of the CSCI/Major System.
(3) The estimated total KSLOC the CSCI/Major System represents.
(4) The primary programming languages used.
(5) Primary life cycle methodology being used on the software project.
(6) Name of responsible software assurance organization(s).
|Difference between B and C|
|Difference between C and D||No Change|